confessions of a young mother.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Mother's Day

Saturday, my husband told me that he'll take me to the Jewelry shop to get what I want for mother's day. I decided not to get really expensive, so I told him I am getting nothing. I don't really need any jewelry this time.. not just yet! So he moved his head in agreement and said, "Okay, I'll take that".


Sunday came, and it was Mother's Day and the whole world rejoiced! I am a mother, but it wasn't about me at all. I just didn't feel it! First of, my husband woke up that Sunday morning forgetting that it was mother's day. Second, I don't get any card from him, not even a damn cold electronic card. He's not a card/flower/balloon type of a husband anyway, so I kinda' expected that. But he used to send me electronic greeting cards on Myspace, yet not this time, baby. Not this time! I figured out he was really "too busy" to remember that. I won't deny, but it made me really sad. But sometimes, there are things that we need to throw out of the window just to avoid conflicts.


So, I left the house and the forgetful husband. Then I found myself at Kroger to buy my mom some balloons. That's the least I could do after Robin forgot about mother's day. On my way to my mother's, I decided to stop by the cemetery to visit my mother-in-law's grave site. I laid new flowers on the vase and I had a balloon tied around it.



At my mom's, I had a really good time. My sister was there and her husband. They brought my mother a chocolate cake, which was really yummy. My brother-in-law made a very good lunch for all of us there. At the end of the day, I felt really good because I got to spend a wondeful time with my mom. here she is cutting her cake.


I love you so much mom!

1 comment:

HartofDixie said...

Sounds like a great celebration at your mom's place. Hubby is definitely not the romantic type too.
Anyway, thanks for dropping by!