confessions of a young mother.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm back!

After many weeks of absence, now I'm back to blogging.... so, yay to that! Hurricane Ike left us many things to attend to, even going to the nail shop was impossible. We had to clear out our front yard after a huge oak tree fell on the driveway. Thank God, it didn't fell on top of our roof! Our fence in the backyard was damaged, we have power loss for two weeks, which was really frustrating! Think about two weeks of no power... can't even eat a decent meal because there was no cooking going on around the house because of power loss. It was that bad, but there was also the good side of it. The hurricane made us spent the whole time with my parents, which is about 45 minutes away from us. My parents loss of power lasted for 10 hours only during the Ike invasion. So, they called us over and we ended up vacationing under my parents' roof.
The exciting part I did after the hurricane, I get to read the Twilight series. I was really digging to read Twilight for so many months and Robin was really kind enough to bought me the books(four of them). Now, I have a problem... boo! I want to read it again! It was that good that even my self concious can't stop me! Waiting is the only thing I am capable of doing now and the wait is almost over. About a month to go, I am going to see the long-awaited and anticipated movie"Twilight", that everyone is excited about.
And Oh, my son, Sage has just turned TWO!!! it's unbelievable that time really flies so fast. We had a big successful party for the little one and the best part of it, he was really enjoying that time. I want to make a statement that first birthday and second birthday are comperable. His second birthday was a lot of fun in a way that the child is really understanding the moment that it is special. Special just for him.. This time, opening gifts are more meaningful and thrilling. I guess I would say, Sage is really growing, I mean getting older with a lot of sense.
Tomorrow will be a big day for Sage. Daddy is taking him to Rusk, Texas for a "Day out with Thomas." Sage is a huge Thomas guy and all you see around the house is about Thomas and his friends. It's going to be an exciting 2 and a half hour drive to Rusk. This is also Sage's first long trip, I may say. I am considering the 2hours and a half is already a long trip. So, we'll see how it goes for us tomorrow. Anyway, it's good to be back and start blogging again!

1 comment:

HartofDixie said...

Yay, I can't imagine two weeks without electricity. I am glad everything is alright and back to normal now.
Happy Birthday to Sage!